Saturday, February 9, 2008

Laurel the Lion

Laurel LOVES this lion costume!!!! I found this hunting through the baby boy clothes in December. This was a costume that I think both Ethan and Cameron have worn for past Halloweens.
I had all but forgotten all about it, when Laurel snatched it up and demanded to put it on. She wears it EVERYWHERE. I have been all over town with her in this, and she always gets so much adoration over it. It always get dirty when she wears it, but it is the first thing she wants to wear when it come out of the laundry pile. She is in the height of imaginative play, and though it can grate on my nerves to deal with keeping this costume clean and take her places in it, there is no denying that she is "melt-your-heart" adorable in it.


My favorite is when someone she doesn't know asks her if she is a lion and she replies, "RRRROOOAARRR!!!!" As ferociously as a 2 year-old beautiful girl can. They usually smile, and know that indeed there is a bit of lion in her! She is fiesty, but deceptively gorgeous!!!

No comments: