
Well, here it is! The family picture for 2010. I thought that we would probably forgo the picture taking for the entire family this year, as my dearest and talented friend moved this summer. I had not put too much (but just a little) thought into how we might get a picture when another wonderful friend called and offered for her husband to take our picture. Love that! An answer to an unspoken prayer!
I have so much in my heart at this time. It has been a truly difficult and heart breaking year for Walt and I, but I am indeed grateful for so many blessings in our lives.
I am thankful for a husband who is brave enough to love me in my entirety. A whirling ball of emotion in the way of my life. I feel things so deeply: sadness, compassion, anger, love, and joy. I'm glad that Walt is ever loving and truly knows me best and is encouraging. He is my best friend...forever. Hooray for that, FOREVER!
I am also grateful for this trying time in my life, for it has shown me where I am weak and where I am stronger than I ever knew. I have fully relied upon my testimony of the Savior. While I have felt pain and grief, it is He who has borne all pain and grief and can best comfort my soul. My heart is constantly swelling within me to feel the mightily love of my Father in Heaven. I know he is there. He is evident in all that surrounds me. The beauty of the earth, the sweet faces of my children, and the beautiful music of this Christmas time.
I am striving this Christmas to seek the Spirit of Christ. I am ever seeking to be like the Savior, but with each passing year I gain new understanding and recommit myself to celebrate His birth and life and not just go through the motions. "Joy to the World! The Lord is come." Let us truly receive Him, and let His love and atonement heal our pains and glory in our gladness.
1 comment:
Wonderful picture, Katie! I love all the colors. Beautiful family, and MY have they grown! I'm so excited to see all of you in person this month. I love you and miss you, so much. Hug the fam for me and tell them I'll see them soon!
Post a Comment