Sequim has funny weather. We can never count on having warm summer weather. June and July rarely see warm sunny days. August is somewhat more prone to sun, but not always. Then there is September. September is usually marked with warm sunny days. It seems a same since the kids go back to school and can't enjoy the sun as well. This
Septemeber was particularly busy for me. Cameron especially kept asking to go to the beach. I just felt like I couldn't, because I had so much to do. On one day is was gorgeous outside, and I had 3 different invitations to do fun outdoor things. However I HAD to finish something for that evening. I vowed in my heart that tomorrow I would take the kids to the beach. Tomorrow came and it was the first day of a cold streak for a couple of weeks. Well, on Monday the 29
th it was warm (well, for here!) I surprised the kids after we picked up Ethan from school and went straight to the beach. The kids were screaming to go home and put on swimsuits, but it was not THAT warm. The water was still very cold. I'm glad that some days I am able to seize the moment and have fun with these kids. All too soon the moments will be fewer and farther between. I hope that they will have some magical moments to remember when they are older.

No comments:
Post a Comment