Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ode to Luke (3 months)


Luke is now 3 months old. How time flies! He is playing with toys, giggles and laughs, has tickle spots, gets so excited he practically jumps! It is an exciting time as a mother. The first few weeks with a new baby is so special but so challenging. Then all of a sudden they start doing all this amazing developmental stuff, and the sleepless nights, poopy diapers, and spit-up seems to be worth it (well, most days!)
I think having children has turned me into a philosopher. I look at them sometimes and just marvel! There is such great potential. I have such great dreams and hopes for them. I hope that they can find their own true talents. I dream of them growing up being kind and loving. I wish for so much joy and happiness with just a hint of sorrow, so they will recognize and appreciate the joy.

I want all these amazing things for them, now all I have to do is try and help them see all that they are capable of and try not to interfere too much with their greatness. I look at this picture of Luke and there is only love staring back at me. Is all the trouble worth it? I look at this picture and shout YES!

No comments: